Community Guidelines: Forum.warthunder.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE. YOUR USE OF GAIJIN’S WEBSITES ARE GOVERNED BY THESE SPECIFIC RULES AND GAIJIN COMMUNITY GUIDELINES (COMMON RULES) AVAILABLE AT HTTPS://LEGAL.GAIJIN.NET/COMMUNITYGUIDELINES ("GUIDELINES").
GUIDELINES DEFINE A COMMON GUIDANCE FOR USERS' CONDUCT ON GAIJIN’S WEBSITES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NAMING RULES, REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTS AND MESSAGES, COMMON VIOLATIONS, AND SANCTIONS.
THESE FORUM.WARTHUNDER.COM SPECIFIC RULES CONSTITUTE AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE GUIDELINES, AND BOTH SHALL BE INTERPRETED AND APPLIED TOGETHER.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST FOLLOW BOTH THE GUIDELINES AND THESE SPECIFIC RULES WHILE USING GAIJIN’S WEBSITES.
1. Specific rules regarding the community members and their competencies:
- War Thunder Developers are representatives of Gaijin who assist the Administration and Website Managers in resolving issues concerning the technical aspects and the further development of the Game. Representatives of these groups have their status displayed below the avatar in the Forum’s profile.
- There are several groups of Moderators (Technical Moderators, Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators, Senior Moderators, etc.). There are no Global Moderators on War Thunder Forum.
- The Game Masters do not perform the moderation of the Forum. Their responsibility is limited to in-game supervision (for example, moderation of in-game chats and the monitoring of the players' behavior).
2. Specific rules regarding the technical functionality of the Forum:
- Signature Size: The entirety of a User's signature must not exceed 200 px height 1000 px length, and 150 kB in total size. Users are limited to the use of one image.
- Reaction (rating) points: Each User has 15 reaction points (emojis). By using them, the User can "mark" a message of another User. Rank points are awarded to the User's account once a day.
3. Technical section rules. In addition to the forum rules above, the User shall not post:
- incomplete bug reports (no files at all, only screenshots without any text with explanation);
- FM/DM reports without any proof (for example, a report where a User "feels" something is wrong: "I think/maybe/complaints about performance of tanks/planes" topics).
If there is a bug or issue, it should have solid proof that it is a valid bug (for example, historical proof regarding armor, bullet count, etc.). The relevant evidence shall comply with the requirements of paragraph 2.10 ("Conversational Media") of the Guidelines and Military Restrictions Section ("Restrictions on the publication of classified and confidential information").
4. Status updates. In addition to the Guidelines, the User should pay particular attention to the following:
a) Status updates should be made in accordance with the Community Guidelines.
b) If the content of the User’s status is in breach of these Guidelines, the functioning of the User's account may be permanently suspended.
c) This is a two-strike system. The first strike will amount purely to an informal warning, with which the User will receive a PM explaining the situation. The second strike will be a permanent device on the User's status update abilities. The moderation team will keep a record of these warnings.
d) On occasion, an update will be removed without warning; this will not be counted in the two-strike total.
e) Appeals regarding this issue can be made to a Senior Forum Moderator via the Private Messages system, who may include other Senior Moderators to assess the situation. Appeal decisions are final.
5. Reporting. The User can report any violation of the Guidelines via the report button on individual posts and member profiles. Any other or more significant issues can be done via a competent community member of War Thunder Forum (the list of them is available at forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/48923-who-is-who-and-reporting-procedure). The User should require assistance from a specialist at the lowest level first. Any level jumping or ignoring the hierarchy will result in a delay in resolving the issue.
6. Sanctions. The Users of War Thunder Forum shall comply with all requirements of the Guidelines, including complying with restrictions stated in paragraph 3 of the Guidelines. However, the War Thunder Forum has its own penalties.
Penalties for the aforementioned offenses are divided into:
- Informal ("Verbal") Warning - in the case of a minor violation of the Guidelines, the User's post will be marked with a red note indicating which rule is broken, and an informal warning (without a penalty imposed) will be added to the User's warning list. In the case a User continuously breaks the Guidelines, this measure will have no place and will be replaced by “Formal Warning.”
- Formal ("Rule Breaking") Warning - in the case when a user is knowingly and intentionally violating the Guidelines, the User's post will be marked with a red note indicating which rule has been violated, and a warning with penalty points will appear on the User's warning list.
Every Formal Warning means one additional penalty point for the User's account. Each point(-s) increases punishment as listed below:
- 1 point: 2 days read-only
- 2 points: 4 days read-only
- 3 points: 7 days read-only
- 4 points: 14 days read-only
- 5 points: permanent read-only If a User gathers 5 penalty points (and thus receives 5 Formal Warnings), the Gaijin Account will be limited only to the ability to read the Forum without the option to take part in the discussion.
For the avoidance of doubt, none of the above shall deprive the War Thunder Forum's Administration and the Website Managers of the right to impose more severe penalties for violations of the Guidelines.
The User has the right to appeal after punitive measures. Appeals can be made to a Senior Forum Moderator or Administration via the PM system, who may include other Senior Moderators or other Website Managers to assess the situation.
7. Posting limitations on certain websites. There are some limitations with respect to posting comments on the news on warthunder.com (for instance, on https://warthunder.com/en/news). New Users may only add comments after they play at least 2 battles in the corresponding game. Furthermore, there is a rule for in-game activity:
- 3 battles played allow Users to post an unlimited number of comments for a week;
- 15 battles played allow Users to post an unlimited number of comments for a month;
- If the User is not active in the corresponding game, they can’t post comments on the website.
Last revised and effective: 18.04.2023