GAIJIN CODE OF CONDUCT
YOUR USE OF GAIJIN GAMES IS GOVERNED BY GAIJIN GAME RULES PROVIDED IN GAIJIN TERMS OF SERVICE ("GAME RULES") AVAILABLE AT LEGAL.GAIJIN.NET/TERMSOFSERVICE.
THIS CODE OF CONDUCT PROVIDES YOU WITH DETAILED GUIDELINES ("GUIDELINES") ON THE APPROPRIATE IN-GAME BEHAVIOR, THE FORBIDDEN ACTIONS, AND THE CORRESPONDING SANCTIONS IN OUR GAMES THAT CAN BE IMPOSED BY GAIJIN GAMES’ MASTERS, MODERATORS, OR OTHER RESPONSIBLE REPRESENTATIVES (“ADMINISTRATION”).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CODE IS A REFERENCE DOCUMENT THAT SERVES AN EXPLANATORY PURPOSE AND DOES NOT BIND OR LIMIT GAIJIN’S APPLICATION OF THE GAME RULES.
THE GUIDELINES BELOW MAY BE CHANGED OR UPDATED WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANY TIME. PLAYERS ARE ADVISED TO CHECK THE GUIDELINES REGULARLY FOR ANY CHANGES.
1. NICKNAMES, CLAN NAMES, SLOGANS, LOGOS, AND DESCRIPTIONS
Your personal or clan (squadron, etc.) identifiers and descriptions are your representations within the game, contributing to the first impression on other players and the overall game atmosphere. To maintain a positive environment, and in order to comply with paragraph 1 of the Game Rules, please consider our guidance in sections 1.1-1.2 below.
1.1. ACT RESPECTFULLY AND APPROPRIATELY
● Respect Intellectual Property. Ensure you do not incorporate trademarks, copyrighted names, or infringe on intellectual property rights.
● Restrict Hate Speech. Avoid words or graphic elements that diminish, insult, or target individuals or groups due to their race, religion, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexuality, political opinion, membership in any union or organization, or any other attribute.
● Avoid Explicit, Cruel, or Offensive Content. Do not use words, phrases, abbreviations, or references that are sexually abusive, cruel, contain derogatory or offensive remarks, or carry a vulgar sexual meaning.
● No Misrepresentation. You should not mislead other players about your affiliation with the Administration, game developers, or others related to the game operation.
● Follow Moral and Ethical Standards. You should not use content that may be considered obscene, violent, or abusive, including words, phrases, abbreviations, or references in any language, or transliterations. If there is uncertainty, the Administration will consider complaints submitted by other players.
● Avoid Inappropriate References. Ensure your nickname, clan (squadron, etc.) name, slogan, logotype, or description does not reference or promote psychotropic substances, alcohol, tobacco, or their associated uses.
● Maintain a Respectful Tone. Avoid content that relates to sexual abuse, cruelty, or vulgar sexual meaning, including any form of explicit content, whether it is drawn, animated, or textual.
● Avoid Provocative Content. Do not use names or content that is insulting, inflammatory, or designed to provoke others.
● Comply with the Terms of Service. Ensure your names or content comply with the Game Rules and Terms of Service.
1.2. AVOID CONTROVERSIAL FIGURES AND SYMBOLS
● Players should be cautious when using names or likenesses of historical and political personalities, especially those associated with violent felonies or international crimes, such as Nazi leaders and other war criminals, as well as groups or organizations internationally recognized as part of organized crime, extremist entities, or terrorist groups, including but not limited to SA, SS, SD of The Third Reich.
● The use of such names or references violates paragraph 1 of the Game Rules if such use is likely to incite, or is driven by ethnic, racial, and inter-confessional conflicts, with the intent of increasing hatred or hostility, humiliating human dignity, or encouraging other players to a forceful government overthrow, and is made via game chats or other textual/graphical game elements available to players, another game-related service (forum or game website), or by other means involving prohibited content in connection with the game.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: names (photos, graphical images, or other content) related to any of the following organizations (groups) or personalities are considered to be a violation of the Game Rules:
● current existing organizations, army units, and regiments that: (a) commonly use symbols of the Third Reich and other Nazi, Fascist, and neo-Fascist symbols and images (including but not limited to the swastika, wolf anchor ("Wolfsangel'' symbol), black sun (''Sonnenrad" symbol), kolovrat, abbreviations and numeric acronyms (numeronyms) relating to the Third Reich's names and slogans); (b) are recognized by the UN Security Council as an international terrorist organization.
● international criminals recognized as such by the international courts or tribunals (for example, by the Nuremberg Tribunal, the International Criminal Court, and the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia).
1.3. PUNISHMENT AND SANCTIONS
If you violate the naming rules as set out in paragraph 1 of the Game Rules, the following sanctions will apply:
● As a rule, the Administration may unilaterally amend the infringing nickname, clan (squadron, etc.) name, slogan, logo, or any other graphical or textual element related to a clan (squadron, etc.) without warning and notifying the player(-s) regarding such an amendment. In such a case, the amended nickname or clan (squadron, etc.) name may be randomly generated or chosen by the Administration’s sole discretion.
● In case of repeated or severe violations, the Administration may additionally restrict the player from access to the game, for 3 days up to a permanent ban, depending on the severity and circumstances of the violations. The Administration may also disband a clan or permanently block access to the game for all or some clan participants.
ATTENTION! SOME WORDS AND PHRASES THAT ARE NOT PROHIBITED (FOR EXAMPLE, THE NAMES OF CITIES, VILLAGES, AND GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS) MAY HAVE IDENTICAL OR SIMILAR SPELLING TO THE FORBIDDEN WORDS AND PHRASES (HOMONYMS). YOU MAY NOT USE SUCH HOMONYMS AS NICKNAMES, CLAN (SQUADRON, ETC.) NAMES, SLOGANS, LOGOS, OR DESCRIPTIONS.
2. FORBIDDEN CONTENT
We aim to keep our games friendly and sustain a respectful atmosphere there. When, for example, you chat with other players, or otherwise share your thoughts, ideas, creativity, or other personal content, please remember to follow the restrictions set out in paragraph 3 of the Game Rules. Among other things, these restrictions mean the following:
● You should not post meaningless messages in the game chats, use repeated symbols or characters, abuse game voice (radio) commands, or excessively use capital letters.
● Avoid using obscene, profane, or abusive language, whether direct or implicit. Specifically, you should not alter words to bypass the restrictions or use terms associated with illnesses or specific conditions.
● Do not offend, insult, or discriminate against others based on race, religion, gender identity, nationality, disability, sexuality, political opinion, membership in any union or organization, or any other attribute. Hate speech will not be tolerated.
● Avoid starting or participating in discussions that can hurt someone's feelings or lead to disputes (for example, racist comments, nationalism, or intolerance).
● Do not post information on any topic contrary to the general principles of morality and decency (for example, you should not discuss adverse or controversial historical events) or any other issues that hurt someone's feelings or may lead to insults, offenses, or controversies.
● Do not promote third-party game projects or provide external links unless they are related to our websites.
● Spreading fake news, slander, or any other kind of misleading information is prohibited. Do not misrepresent your affiliation with the developers of the games or Gaijin’s websites.
● Avoid discussions or descriptions related to sexual behavior, violence, drugs, tobacco, and alcohol.
● Propagation of conflicts or calls for violent actions is strictly prohibited.
● Do not discuss methods to breach the Games’ protection, security measures, or ways to violate the Terms of Service.
● Do not share information about trading, selling, or buying Gaijin accounts, in-game items, or other valuables against our Terms of Service.
● Do not incite others to stop playing the games or purchasing content from the Gaijin.Net Store, or to avoid in-game activities.
● Do not disclose personal data of other players or third parties.
● Making threats or anything that can be considered a real threat is strictly forbidden.
● Do not publicly discuss the actions of the Administration.
If you violate these rules, the Administration may impose the following sanctions by restricting the use of game chats (“Mute”):
● 1 violation – 2 days of Mute;
● 2 violations – 4 days of Mute;
● 3 violations – 7 days of Mute;
● 4 violations – 15 days of Mute;
● 5 - 9 violations – from 30 up to 120 days of Mute;
● 10 violations – permanent Mute.
Please note that the above-mentioned duration of Mute is general and standard. However, the Administration may choose different punishment duration depending on the specific situation. The Administration may also determine and impose any other appropriate sanction (including the permanent Game access restriction in severe cases of a violation).
3. COMPLAINT SYSTEM ABUSE
We encourage our players to communicate and report issues, but it is crucial to use the system responsibly. If you misuse or abuse the in-game complaint system that is prohibited in paragraph 4 of the Game Rules, we may restrict your access to our games as described below:
● If you violate this rule for the first time, you might experience a Game access restriction for up to a day.
● In case of severe or repeated violations, the Game access restriction could extend from a week to a permanent ban.
4. UNSPORTING CONDUCT
Playing our games means playing fair. The following behavior constitutes unsporting conduct and is strictly prohibited under paragraph 2 of the Game Rules:
● Griefing. Causing damage to teammates or so-called “friendly fire”, including, without limitation, the following actions: inflicting damage to teammates’ vehicles or any of their parts, destroying teammates’ vehicles or any of their parts, disorienting teammates.
● Blocking the Teammates. Intentional blocking movements of your teammate (propping up, pushing out, blocking the passage/driveways).
● Exploiting Game Bugs, Errors, and Flaws. Taking advantage of any bugs or flaws for personal gain.
● Unauthorized Modifications and Software. Unauthorized changes to the game software, using cheats, or anything that automates the game process (bots, mods), changes gameplay or game functionality, grants an advantage over other players, or otherwise modifies the gaming experience.
● Inactive Gameplay and Deliberate Losing. Intentional inactivity during game matches (a player's "AFK" state) and deliberate actions leading to a loss, such as moving around the map without completing objectives or not engaging opponents.
● Fair Play Violations. Any other action against the spirit of fair play.
The in-game system may automatically detect and punish certain unsporting behavior (for example, in the case of “friendly fire”). In specific cases, the Administration may manually review the situation to determine the appropriate punishment.
The Administration may always impose the game access restriction for 3 to 7 days on a player who causes damage or destroys a teammate during the game events.
5. BYPASSING SANCTIONS
All players should respect the decisions made by the Administration. If a player commits actions to bypass the sanctions previously imposed (for example, creating an additional Gaijin account), the Administration may take further action, including the potential suspension or deletion of all related accounts.
6. GAME-SPECIFIC GUIDELINES
While the Guidelines above apply broadly, please note that specific games may have additional guidance that is provided below or may also be found on Gaijin websites and forums related to a particular game.
6.1. CROSSOUT & CROSSOUT MOBILE
Inappropriate User-Generated Content
When you create Game objects (such as equipment, constructions, or other items) in our Crossout & Crossout Mobile games, you must follow the restrictions regarding the User-Generated Content as specified in paragraph 4.5 of Gaijin's Terms of Service. This means that if you create or build the game objects in an obscene, offensive, or other inappropriate form, the Administration may impose a respective penalty against you.
In particular, the Administration may permanently block your exhibition (if a violation has been committed through the exhibition functionality) or your summary interface (if an inappropriate build is displayed on your profile/summary page). In addition, in case of severe or multiple violations, the Administration may suspend or delete your account.
6.2. STAR CONFLICT
Penalty For Abandoning the Game Session for No Reason
Star Conflict is fundamentally a team-oriented game. The essence and enjoyment of the gameplay is built upon the collective efforts of all team members. For the integrity of the game and respect towards your teammates, it's important that no team member abandons their comrades during a game session (combat).
Disrupting your team's gameplay is forbidden by virtue of paragraph 2 of the Game Rules. The Administration may consider abandoning combat without a good reason as a violation of this rule unless a player abandons the combat due to the server or game client failure (if only they are not intentionally caused by such a player or third parties on their behalf).
If a player is sanctioned for the violation as per above and wishes to appeal, they must provide a reasonable justification for their early withdrawal from the combat.
Last revised and effective: September 14, 2023